New Weekly Magazine – Build a mechanical elephant
Due to the popularity of the Welding the Elephant post, we’ve decided to publish a new weekly magazine and kit so you can weld your own elephant. Each edition will include parts and instructions to build a sub-assembly such as the head, animatronic trunk or legs. The step by step instructions will take you through the process of constructing a petrol powered mechanical elephant which you can ride on*.
The design is based on the popular “Mechanimal” elephant designed by Thaxsted’s own Frank Stuart. The design has been re-engineered to allow it to be built in a modular fashion. The elephant has also been reduced to a 1:8th scale to allow a smaller engine to be used. You will need to provide your own welder to complete the kit and are responsible for your own safety.
The first edition is priced at £10 with subsequent editions £99.99 each, postage to your location will vary.
- Weekly full colour magazine
- Includes all parts***
- Sturdy Steel Construction
- Easy to follow instructions
- Can be built with a stick welder
- Make your own jigs and fixtures
- Edition 23 includes realistic elephant eye balls
- Simulation elephant skin tarpaulin
- Servo assisted flapping ears
- Free collectors binder with the first issue (worth £6.99).
* Maximum recommended passenger weight 35Kg
** Final results may vary from illustration
*** User provides their own moped engine
No elephants were harmed in the making of this magazine