Our little hatchet normally hangs on a hook in the Workshopshed. But I wanted to transport it so felt that the blade need a bit of protection and us from it. I had some leather left over from a previous project and the tools and thread from when I repaired my mocassins.
So I made a simple fold in the material and then punched holes through with the awl. For a decorative effect, I put the stitching around the outside. Rather than a running stitch.
I had hoped that it would slide on a stay by itself but it slipped on an off a bit too easily. So I used a leather cord to tie it in place.
A quick project but hopefully will lead to safe axe transportation.
Nice cozy! And a great looking axe!