A selection of technical articles on the Titanic, looking at its design and why it sank.
- Titanic Research & Modeling Association – A great source of information on all technical aspects of the ship, including drawings, design details and scale models.
- Engine-Order Telegraphs – Details of the onboard communication between the bridge and engine room.
- Wireless and the Titanic
- Cold water caused the steel to be brittle – Weldreality
- Metallurgical Failure – The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society
- Causes and Effects of the Rapid Sinking
of the Titanic by Vicki Bassett
- In Weak Rivets, a Possible Key to Titanic’s Doom – New York Times
- Watertight Compartments
- Modifications to the sister ship the Olympic
- Titanic: The Mission – Channel 4 Engineering reality TV, remaking parts of the Titanic