We recently agreed to look after a relative’s dog for them and realised that we needed to make a few changes to accommodate the dog safely. One of these was making the back garden gate so that it would not
After the bathroom was repaired we have a selection of hardiebacker concrete board pieces left over. Not wanting to chuck these away but also not really having space for them I decided to make a planter out of them. The
I quizzed the chaps from the BlokeyShed forums for their tips on cleaning up old wood and their advice ranged from “don’t bother, it’s only a potting bench” to “a wire brush in a drill”. I decided on a point
I’d planned to attach the legs to the top frame before putting on the top as it would give me more visibility but I found there were too many pieces to juggle at once. So instead I cut two more
The next part of the bench to build was the top. The back of the top was made from a scaffold plank, the ends were going rotten but I managed to cut a nice section from the middle 1m long.
Making the second pair of legs was fairly uneventful, a couple of knots meant that one piece of scrap just refused to separate itself regardless of how much I attacked it with chisels and saws. One tip I can give
When the builders finished our extention they left me some timber, mostly 2x4s. I also had some scaff planks that I interited with the house. At the beginning of this year, I decided that the big pile of wood was